Saturday, February 26, 2011

How 'bout some cowbell?!?!


I’m a sports fan. I enjoy live sporting events… the atmosphere, the fans, the food and beer. If I had to pick my favorite, hockey would not have been on my list.

Yet, going to the Roughriders game on Saturday, I realized that you don’t have to be a hockey fan to enjoy live hockey games. These fans are intense!!! You can’t help but get in to the game, when everyone around you is focused, excited and so INTO what’s happening on the ice. And… the constant ring of cowbell in your ear reminds you just where you are!

The arena was packed full, and fans sporting their Roughrider jerseys and showing off the team colors of green and black surrounded me. If you’ve never been to a hockey game, I can now honestly say I recommend that you do! I had a great time watching the fast pace on the ice, the players banging into the glass, and getting into the game with all the rest of the fans in the stands. There was no lack of beer, yelling, and easy companionship among the crowd, and, again, that cowbell! The intensity of the fans didn’t excuse anyone… even children finding their way back to their seats were not spared the holler of “Hey, sit down, the games on!” Of course, it was all in good fun, but these fans are not ones to mess with!

This particular game was played against the Saints, and while the final scored favored the guest team, the Roughriders fans never faltered in their support of their beloved team. So. I suggest you check out the next game, see for yourself. And… MORE COWBELL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment