Sunday, February 13, 2011

SuperTime!

Whether you were rooting for the Steelers or the Packers, this year’s Big Game was guaranteed to be a good one! I decided to hit a few of the local bars to check out all you crazy fans, and enjoy the game!

Walking in to Cocktails and Company was like walking into a Steelers Fans Only Zone! There was only the occasional green & yellow jersey in the whole place! Everyone was focused on the TV’s around the bar, and it was apparent who the majority of the patrons were rooting for, from the groans of displeasure and colorful words yelled when the Packers scored! And of course, when the Steelers did something great (Like Ben Roethlisberger running the ball for a first down at the end of the first quarter!), there were cheers of joy all around!  I decided to try out some of the yummy food offered, and thoroughly enjoyed my Cocktails Combo Basket, including (my favorite) mushrooms, onion rings, mozzarella sticks and more! When I received my bill, the name on the ticket was cleverly put as “Patriot” as I was rocking my NE Patriots jersey (Hey, just cuz they aren’t in the Game this year, doesn’t mean I can’t show my colors!).  With a full belly and a wish of good luck to the Steelers fans, I ventured out to my next venue!

Tailgator’s was the place to be if you wanted a very quiet and personal  space to watch the game… with a total of 6 patrons there, it was a laid back environment. As the bartender told me, it was expected to get busy after the game was over, so hopefully the bar got crazy with after-game celebrating!

Now, if Cocktails was the place for Steelers fans, Double Inn was just the opposite! I think I saw a total of 2 Steelers jerseys in the whole place!  Fans of the Packers were out in force! The atmosphere at Double Inn was more like a big family get together, where everyone knows everyone! With a buffet laid out, including some most delicious taco pizza (which I enjoyed greatly!), it was a feeling of a very large family reunion, where most just happen to be Packer Fans. As we all know the result of this years Game, I’m sure the celebration at the Double Inn was just fantastic!

So, for all you sports fans, wherever you were to enjoy the Game, I hope you had a great time, you cheered, and jeered and ate yourself silly! I know I had a great time hanging out with you Cedar Rapids fans! See you around town!

No comments:

Post a Comment