Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Live Music on a Nite Out!

Just the parking lot of the Chrome Horse is a testament  to it being one of the hottest places to be on a Saturday night! It’s always packed, even at 8:30pm! Now, I was lucky enough that a car was pulling out just as I was pulling in - a good sign that it was going to continue to be a good night! Chrome was packed from wall to wall like usual, and the feeling from the group was anxious waiting  for the evening’s live band, Crazy Delicious. After wandering around and chatting with a few people, all of which were happy to take a picture for me (thanks everyone!) the band started.
Now, I have never had the pleasure of seeing most of  the live bands that play in our area, and Crazy Delicious was no exception to this. I was pleasantly surprised when they got started, playing a Lady Gaga song and Katy Perry song to get things kicked off. The floor immediately flooded with dancing girls, and people sang along. They were really great! It was a good night at Chrome, people continued to file in, and I decided to let them have their bar back, so it was off to Outskirts for their Beach Party!

While Outskirts wasn’t packed like Chrome, everyone there was happy to be there, having a great time! If you didn’t get lei-ed at Outskirts, there was definitely something wrong with you (haha, get the pun? I think I’m pretty funny sometimes!)! I happily drank one of their Sex on the Beach drinks, as well as a round of $1 Jello shots with my friends. Karaoke with Off Key Entertainment was just getting started when we got there, and it was an eclectic selection of songs… I decided to flex my vocal cords and sang Barry Manilow’s “Copacabana” (it seemed fitting for the beachy flavor of the night) and one of my friends sang The Door’s “People are Strange” (which happens to be MY favorite Doors song). After a few more songs from the other bar goers (dressed in hula skirts, beach shorts, with flowers and sunglasses as accessories) it was time for the hula hoop contest! I thought “Ah heck, why not?”. Now, I used to hula hoop like a master when I was a little girl, but these hula hoops were pretty light, and I couldn’t keep it up to save my life! It was a fun little game, coming down to a final 2, boy and girl, who really rocked that hula hoop! It was a fun time, with fun people, and a great way to end my evening!

Check out the Cedar Rapids Nite Out face book page for pictures from the evening, and make sure to “Like” the page, and friend me, Jen Kat, on my page! Jenkat82@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment