Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thursdays in Cedar Rapids can include drinking, walking, donating to a great cause, winning prizes, and TONS of fun! I decided to check out the South of the Cedar Pub Crawl this past Thursday, and it was great to see all the people sporting the t-shirts (donations go to Habitat for Humanity) and getting their cards punched at each bar.




I decided to start the nite at Cedar River Landing (I wanted nachos!), then moved on to Coopers Mill (nice acoustic live music), then to Double Inn (dart league in progress) and ended the night at Rumors (KARAOKE!!!). It was fun to wander from bar to bar, and I guess I didn’t realize just how close these 4 bars were to each other! Each has it’s own vibe and crowd, and there’s something for just about everyone in one of these 4 bars!

I love that they sponsor the pub crawl, and that the donations go to a great cause. For $15, you can buy a t-shirt and that money goes to support Habitat for Humanity. You then get a punch card, and each Thursday you get your card at the first bar and then hit the other 3, getting your card stamped at each. Having the card and t-shirt entitles you to drink specials, and at the end of the night, you give your fully stamped card to the last bar and you are then entered into a contest. At the end of the pub crawl, there will be a drawing for the winners of the prizes! You could one of two super cool sport vehicles from McGraths Power Sports, or an HD TV, or $200 in cash! All for going to bars you already love, and donating to a worthy cause! Sounds like a great deal to me!


I plan on being out again this coming Thursday, and I hope to see you all there! I’ll have the newest photographer/blogger to the Cedar Rapids Nite Out team with me, Whit Jaykin, and I hope we can show her a great night! See you on the town!






No comments:

Post a Comment