Monday, February 14, 2011

TOM GREEN IN CR!

When my boss asked me if I wanted to interview Tom Green, my response was “You mean TOM GREEN, Tom Green? Like, ‘Daddy would you like some sausages?’ Tom Green? Heck yes I do!” My mind started racing furiously trying to come up with questions.  I mean, if you’re a Tom Green fan , you know he’s from Canada.  He likes to skateboard.  He got his start on Canadian Public Television.  The Tom Green Show was then picked up by MTV.  He had the famous Cancer Episode. He married and divorced Drew Barrymore.  He stared in the movies Freddy Got Fingered, and Road Trip.  Everyone already knows all these things about Tom.  I wanted to come up with my own unique interview. So I came up with 10 questions I thought would be fun to ask. 

As we’re driving to meet him, my boss asks me if I’m ready, and what I’ve got planned for the video interview. Whoa. Hold the phone. VIDEO INTERVIEW??? You mean I actually have to know what the hell I’m doing and attempt to not look completely stupid while doing it? Oh shit. Thus started my sad and pitiful attempt at turning myself into a “real” interviewer/reporter. Somewhat prepared by the time we got there, we’re introduced to Tom Green. With a smile of greeting and an awkward fist bump, it became real… This was TOM GREEN, people! So. Deep breath. Luckily, I had time to compose my star-struck self, as we watched his show.

Touching on everything from why married people shouldn’t have Facebook pages, his battle with cancer, being almost 40 years old & everything that comes along with that, and the wonders of modern technology, the show was full of life, energy.   It is rare for a stand up comedian to make me ACTUALLY laugh out loud, but this show had me laughing like a crazy person, just like everyone else in the club.

I was pleased to discover that Tom was super cool, super “normal” and all around a great guy. After his show, he was more than willing to take all the pictures people wanted, sign autographs, and humored people who wanted to put their bumm on him!
My interview was a success!  I didn’t get to ask any of my questions.  I guess I’ll never really know if his dad truly did like sausages, if he has ever owned a Chrysler LaBaron, or if Rip Torn is really a jerk in real life.

If I ever have to chance to see Tom do his act again, I definitely will!
Check out our Facebook page for the interview, and support live comedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment